Welcome to Behope! Behope is an information and product collection dedicated to homebuilding, renovation, and design.Behope brings together professionals, service and products. Through Behope ,people can obtain ideas, information, products, and services related to home remodeling and design.
1. Collection of Information.
We collect information (i) from you directly; (ii) from third parties, and (iii) automatically when you use our Site.
In general, we collect information as follows:
Account and Profile Information: When you create an account on Behope, we collect your name, contact information, and other information you provide. You also will be asked to create a profile on the Site. If you do, profile information such as your name, username, and any photo you submit may be displayed publicly on the social network. You can customize some of the information displayed publicly in your Behope profile by going to your account and profile settings. If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, please contact us at email@example.com.You have an obligation to provide us accurate information.
- Public Content: We collect and store the information that you post to the Site, including your photos, comments, and profile information.
- Communications. When you communicate with us (via email, phone, through the Site or otherwise), we maintain a record of your communication (including call recordings).
- Site Activity and Automatically Collected Information. We collect and may store information about your use of the Site (including our mobile applications), such as your search activity, the pages you view, and the date and time of your visit. We also collect and may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Site, such as your browser type, type of computer or mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, location, and requested and referring URLs.
- Linked Networks and Contacts. If you elect to connect your Behope profile to another network or service provider like Facebook or Google, you will be asked to enable sharing of your contact information with Behope. If you agree to this sharing, in order to facilitate a more connected experience, we may send notices so that you and your contacts can find and follow each other on the Behope .You also will be connected within the Site as followers of each other, and you can learn more about people you know in common on the Site. You can adjust permission for users to follow your profile in the advanced settings of your profile.
2. Use of Information.
From time to time, we may also offer contests or promotions, and will use the information we collect to administer such contests, promotions and surveys, to analyze the results for research purposes, related to such contests and promotions.
3. Sharing Your Information
We do not rent or sell your personal contact information (such as your email address associated with your account registration) to third-parties to use for their own marketing purposes. However, in some cases Behope may allow third parties, including other users and Behope partners, to contact you through the Site, including for marketing purposes.
- Agents, Contractors, and Service Providers: We may share your information with our agents, e-commerce partners, and contractors or other service providers as needed to carry out the performance and functionality of the Site, fulfill your requests or authorized commercial transactions, process your payments, or provide customer support.
- Business Transfers: If we are acquired by or merged with another entity, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected about you to the other company. We may also disclose certain personal information to a company as part of the planning or review for a potential merger, acquisition or transfer of assets.
- Other Users: Information that you post publicly on the Site (e.g., photos, comments, your profile) will be made publicly available to other users of Behope. The information that you post to the Site is intended for public consumption, including your photos, comments, and profile information. By posting on the Site, you agree to permit us to disclose publicly the material you post.
4. Behope Communications
When you join the Behope by signing up for an account or creating a profile, as part of the service you will receive the Behope newsletter about the offerings and features on the Site. As permitted by law, you are also opting to receive other emails from us that may be of interest to you as a member of the Behope. We may also ask you to consent to receive text message communications from us. You can manage your email and notice preferences in account settings.
6. Third Party Advertising.
As noted, we work with third parties such as network advertisers to serve advertisements on third-party websites or other media, and to evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns, including Facebook, Google, and others (both Facebook and Google offer additional ways to opt out of certain advertising activities, and maintain their own privacy policies that address their interest-based advertising services). We also may work with third parties to display ads on our Site.
7. Plug-ins and Social Media Widgets.
9. Choice and Access to Your Personal Information.
The Site is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
We have implemented security safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure – so we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You should take certain steps to protect your account and personal information as well, such as by choosing a strong password and keeping such password private, and logging out of your account when you are finished using it.
Issued December 1,2016